Dora Stratou Dance Theatre
The living museum of Greek dance, since 1953
A public-benefit institution subsidized by the
Ministry of Culture and the National Tourism Organization
under the patronage of the City of Athens
- Daily performances in its 860-seat garden theatre, located on Philopappou Hill, opposite the Acropolis
- A company of 75 dancers, musicians and folk singers
- A collection of over 2,000 village-made costumes, with jewelry and other works of folk art worn on stage.
- School providing courses, lectures and workshops on Greek dance, rebetiko dances, dance therapy, folk embroidery. Teacher training program.
- Programs for elementary schools.
- Field research programs in Dance Ethnography, Dance History, Dance Sociology.
- Study group, classes and workshops on Ancient Greek dance.
- Archives of dance books, articles, field recordings, photographs, videos and films.
- Publications: over 40 LP records, 15 CDs, 15 cassettes, 7 videocassettes, 30 books on dance in Greek, English and other languages, 8 CD-ROMs, 5 DVDs.
- Costume copies and accessories made for folk dance ensembles.
- Organizer of annual events: World Congress on Dance Research, Anapali Festival, Emmelia Festival.
- Operation of the Greek Dance Pandect portal: and various websites.
- Close cooperation with the International Dance Council CID, the UNESCO official summit organization for all forms of dance in all countries of the world
Office building: Scholiou 8, Plaka, GR-10558 Athens
Tel. +30 210 324 4395, +30 210 324 6188, fax +30 210 324 6921
Theater and school: Philopappou Hill, +30 210 921 2866
Address: Scholiou 8, Plaka, GR-10558 Athens
Phone: (+30) 210 324-43-95
(+30) 210 324-61-88