Address: Stores all over Greece
Phone: (+30)28410 82293
Bioaroma is an inspiration from the vast history and heritage that surrounds the land of Crete. We have developed 100% natural herbal cosmetics based on research and archaeological finds that have been past down from generation to generation. Our aim is to take the bounty from the earth we cultivate, together with the traditions to our past and offer a handmade product with the distinct identity.
Distillation of essential oils
Distillation is the method used for over thousands of years, mainly for the production of alcoholic beverages.
Museum - botanical garden
Tour programs for tourists
Crete is a botanical paradise. Studies reveal that it has one of the richest ecosystems of Europe
In our place, we have created also a very interesting museum of Cretan herbs and herbal products and a unique herbal garden with 40 different Cretan pharmaceutical and aromatic plants where we organize a variety of exciting activities for our visitors.
BioAroma Tour Program (1-1,5 hours, 20-50 persons)
Extra activity (1 hour, for 15-20 persons)
Traditional olive oil soap, handmade therapeutic beeswax cream, perfume making: Visitors learn how to make their own homemade olive oil soap , a 100% natural therapeutic cream with no preservatives, only by using olive oil, beeswax, herbs, essential oils e.t.c. and a perfume.
At the end the visitors take the soap, the cream and the perfume.
You can visit the botanical garden, the botanical museum or the distillery, individually or in groups.
Opening hours: daily except Sunday from 09:00 to 16:00
Cretan herbs and properties
The herbs we use in BioAroma, either for packaging or for the production of essential oils, are organically grown or wild and are collected by natural processes.
Secrets and treatments of the BioAroma herbs
Each herb has different secrets and treatments that are inherited by the essential oil obtained from its distillation
- Dittany: Properties: For Stomach, Aphrodisiac, Nerves, Healing Traumas (External use)
- Sage: Properties: Tonic, Stimulant, Depression, Sweating, Indigestion, Gastritis, Arthritis, Hypertension
- Mountain Tea (Malotira): Properties: Antioxidant, Colds, Digestion, Diuretic, Cough
- Oregano: Properties: Cough, Stomach pain, Asthma, Diarrhea, Intestinal disorders, Rheumatism, Tooth ache. Ingredient for cooking many dishes.
- Thyme: Properties: Tonic, Diuretic, Stimulant, Digestion, Wellness, Colds. For cooking: fish, seafood, chicken, potatoes, etc.
- Thrympa (Savory of Crete): Properties: Cold. For cooking: potatoes, omelets, sauces, meats.
- Antonaida-Kalokoimithia (Verbena or Cretan marjoram): Properties: Insomnia, Anxiety, Stomach pain, Headache, Bellyache.
- Louisa: Properties: Fat burner, Blood pressure, Cholesterol, Relaxant,