Labanari - Robotic Urology
Apostolos and Georgios Labanaris are Doctors specialized in the field of Urology.
After gaining multiannual experience in world known, academic and university hospitals in Germany, as well as in the biggest centre for robotic assisted Urologic surgery in Europe (St. Antonius Hospital Gronau, Germany - European Robotic Institute), they continue their exercise of Urology at Interbalkan Medical Center, Thessaloniki, Greece.
They are certified surgeons of the robotic system Da Vinci from Intuitive Surgical U.S.A.
Apostolos Labanaris before returning to Greece was a assistant director of Urology at St Antonius Hospital, Gronau and the Scientific director of European Robotic Institute in Germany.
Georgios Labanaris before returning to Greece was a consultant of Urology at St Antonius Hospital, Gronau.
Their team has:
- Performed more than 8000 Urologic operations of which more than 1.000 were performed robotically.
- Won 15 rewards in the largest international congresses for their work (USA - Europe)
- Published 67 articles in the most known international journals
- Presented their work in 245 in the largest international congresses (USA - Europe)
- A robotic Surgical technique that brings their name.
(Description of a safe and fast way of preparing the Retzius’ cavity and ventral aspect of the prostate during robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. The Labanaris technique. 9th Edition of the European Robotic Urology Symposium. 26-28 September 2012, London, England.)
Address: 2 offices in Thessaloniki